Last updated May 23, 2018
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
We collect information so that we can provide the best possible experience when you utilize our website. Much of what you likely consider personal data is collected directly from you when you:
1) Complete contact forms or request newsletters or other information from us.
2) Make comments on posts. Name, email, and IP address may be collected for the purpose of preventing bots and spam and to ensure a quality experience on the website.
3) Make transactions. To place an order, you must provide us with your name, email address, and physical address.
WHY I NEED YOUR INFORMATION AND HOW I USE IT
I rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
1) As needed to provide my services, such as when I use your information to fulfill your order, to settle disputes, or to provide customer support;
2) When you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time, such as by signing up for my mailing list or subscribing to my emailed blog updates;
3) If necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law.
We retain your personal information only for as long as necessary to provide you with our services and to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations, to resolve disputes, and to enforce our agreements.
At Ami Amour, we keep all order records indefinitely, so you’ll always have access to all your pattern purchases or orders.
For our mailing list and blog update services, your personal information is retained only while you are a subscriber, and deleted when you unsubscribe from the service(s
NON-PERSONAL IDENTIFICATION INFORMATION
We may collect non-personal identification information about Users whenever they interact with our Site. Non-personal identification information may include the browser name, the type of computer and technical information about Users means of connection to our Site, such as the operating system and the Internet service providers utilized and other similar information.
Like many other Web sites, amiamour.com makes use of log files. These files merely logs visitors to the site – usually a standard procedure for hosting companies and a part of hosting services’ analytics. The information inside the log files includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date/time stamp, referring/exit pages, and possibly the number of clicks. This information is used to analyze trends, administer the site, track user’s movement around the site, and gather demographic information. IP addresses, and other such information are not linked to any information that is personally identifiable.
Cookies are very small text files that are stored on your computer when you visit some websites. Cookies are used by most websites to tailor content and marketing messages to better suit your needs.
If you would like to find out more about cookies you can visit http://www.aboutcookies.org.
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We do not sell, trade, or rent Users personal identification information to others. We may share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any personal identification information regarding visitors and users with our business partners, trusted affiliates and advertisers for the purposes outlined above.We may use third party service providers to help us operate our business and the Site or administer activities on our behalf, such as sending out newsletters or surveys. We may share your information with these third parties for those limited purposes provided that you have given us your permission.
THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES AND APPLICATIONS
AD NETWORKS AND AFFILIATES
Ami Amour uses Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting. Visitors can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize Google Display Network ads using Google’s Ad Settings page. Users can completely block Google Analytics tracking using Google’s Analytics Opt-out browser add-on.
If you wish to disable cookies, you may do so through your individual browser options. More detailed information about cookie management with specific web browsers can be found at the browsers’ respective websites.
Ami Amour takes the security of your personal information very seriously. We take many precautions to ensure that the information we collect is secure and inaccessible by anyone outside of our organization. These precautions include advanced access controls to limit access to that information to only internal personnel who require access to that information. We also use numerous security technologies to protect all data stored on our servers and related systems. Our security measures are regularly upgraded and tested to ensure they are effective.
We take the following specific steps to protect your information:
(1) Use internal access controls so only limited personnel have access to your information.
(2) Servers that store visitor information are regularly backed up to protect against loss.
(3) All information is secured through modern security technologies like secure socket layer (SSL), encryption, firewalls, and secure passwords.
All access safeguards described above are in place to prevent unauthorized access by outsiders to information stored on or transmitted by our systems.
CHOICE AND ACCESS
You can do the following at any time by contacting us via the email address given on our website:
(1) Ask for a list of personal information we have about you, if any.
(2) Request a change, correction, or deletion of your personal information.
(3) Request that we avoid collecting anything in the future (opt-out).
If you do not wish to have cookies stored on your machine, you have the option to turn cookies off in your browser. However, keep in mind that turning off cookies may impact how this website functions. Disabling browser cookies will also impact how other websites you visit store browser cookies as well.
Whenever we collect any sensitive information (such as credit card information), the information is encrypted and securely transmitted. You are able to confirm this by looking for the ‘lock’ icon in the browser address bar, and also confirm that the URL link starts with ‘https.’