Eggy – The Cute Chick Pattern

I really enjoy making Eggy, along with his friend Yolk!  And finally, now that I’ve written up the pattern, I hope that you will enjoy creating countless chicks as well!

You can download it as a PDF file below.

Eggy

Eggy – The Cute Chick Pattern

Join our Mailing List!

Connect With Me
This entry was posted in Free Patterns and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

24 Responses to Eggy – The Cute Chick Pattern

1. LILI says:

i verry like crochet,can you show me how to do EGGY?

• Ami Amour says:

I’m not sure I have the time to do a video tutorial currently, but if you type in amigurumi tutorial on youtube, that should help you. You just need to know how to do single crochet stitches and do increases and decreases and you’ll be set to go.

2. Shyla Taylor says:

Omg!! Your little white chick is sooo sweet! My grand babies Easter baskets will look so cute thanks to you sharing your talents! Thank you so very much!

3. Annette says:

I what a beautifull pattern.. I love it!!!
    I just started making one..
    But my wings are getting to big…
    There is writing at round 3: 2dc in next st, 1 dcin next st. Do I need to go furter to get 18 st, or only those 3 stitches??
    Thank you so much!!!

Hugs Annette

4. Kelsey says:

Hey there! I love this pattern so much! Really easy to follow, and it turns out so cute! So, I was wondering if I could get permission to sell a few that I make at my church’s up-coming fundraiser festival. We need to fix up our 275 year old meeting house, and need money! (This is the website: http://hopecentre.quaker.org/)

I am selling quite a few of my crochet creations, and would love to sell this! Most of my proceeds go to the church, and I could always use more!

Please let me know!

~Thanks 🙂

5. judy says:

i just found your website searching for an easy bunny pattern, since i am an absolute beginner crocheter. i saw the patches pattern and had to try it. well, so far i have the head and body done. the ear is giving me trouble. i think this is easier than the granny square (which is a thorn in my side) lol the patterns and pictures are great!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Ami Amour says:

Hi Judy, I’m glad you were able to find me! I’d love to see how your bunny turns out. Let me know if you have questions on the ear. Hehe yes once you get the hang of it, amigurumis are pretty easy to follow!

6. Emily says:

this pattern is so cute! thanks for sharing it 🙂 i’ve made one but having trouble sewing the wings on because they will be different ways up how did you do it?

• Ami Amour says:

Emily, I usually just sew it on sort of upside down on the other side. But if you’re really good with your hands, you can crochet it with your opposite hand and it’ll come out the same. Another option may be to sew 4 wings, sew 2 together to create 2 wings. Then you should be able to sew them both on the same way. Hope that helps!

7. VickyW says:

Thank you so much for sharing this adorable pattern for Eggy and Yolk!

8. Pingback: Hønemor « Kathrine si verd

9. Pingback: NerdWars T4 R2 Projects and Bad Anime | YarnyDoom.com

10. Jill says:

Adorable! Thanks for sharing.

11. Pingback: DIY & Crochet· Patrones GRATIS y MOLONES #11 | todomini, miniaturas y manualidades

12. Pingback: [Ami] Cute Chicken Pattern | amberstyre

13. cindy says:

I love your pattern and I’m almost finished but I’m having trouble with the coxcomb. I’m not sure what ” slip stitch back the row” means. Am I supposed to turn at the end of each row or does it maybe mean to stitch in the back loop only? Yours looks like 3 sections connected …mine looks totally different. Any help would be greatly appreciated…thanks so much for the pattern!!

• Ami Amour says:

Hi Cindy. Slip stitch back the row means that yes, you need to turn and work slip stitches into the foundation row you just created. If you have an email address, I can send you a picture of what I mean. But basically you chain 4, turn, work 3 slip stitches into chain foundation, then you’ll chain 3, turn, slip stitches on the chain foundation, and then once more do the chain 3, turn, work slip stitches through the foundation chain. In the end, you should have 3 lines that are connected together, looking like the letter Y. The coxcomb and the legs of the chick are stitched using the same method, but just with different colors. Hope that helped!

14. Brooke says:

Awe it’s so cute I am going to start making this today but I’m just a begginer crocheter is this a begginer pattern if so email me more please well I guess you don’t have my email but ill give it to you if so thank you

15. Adorei o padrão!! Obrigada por compartilhar.

16. barb hagerty says:

I am a teacher-librarian in WA state and every year we have 20 children’s picture books that we read to students in grades k-3. This next year one of our stories is “That is NOT a Good Idea” by Mo Willems. I like to create props that go with the books to share with other librarians at our state librarians conference in Oct. I am asking your permission to use the pattern specs for Eggy’ s body to crochet 100+ chicks. (I changed the facial features, wings, etc to better match the chicks in the story. I usually charge a minimal price ($5) to compensate for my time and the supplies I purchase. I would also be willing to post a sign telling others where I found the pattern for this project while at the conference. I look forward to hearing your reply. Thank you.